Crazy healthy... as long as you go easy on the fried chips.
Nice summer dish or potluck addition along with guacamole.
- 3 medium tomatoes
- half purple onion
- half yellow pepper
- 2 tblsp fresh parsley
- several stocks of fresh cilatro (to taste)
- salt to taste
- fresh juice from one lime
- 1 mango or half a papaya (optional)
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans (optional)
- pickled jalapenos (to taste)
- Put everything in a blender except the black beans and salt.
- Pulse blender until the mixture is chunky (don't do it too much or you'll have sauce).
- Add black beans and mix in.
- Squeeze in lime juice.
- Add salt until it taste right.
To give it a fuller taste, try adding a little bit of vegetable soup base.
some garlic for even more flavor.
recipe can be prepared ahead of time. Let the flavors blend for half a day before serving.